Friday, August 15, 2008

spring quotes

Anne Bradstreet: 

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.

Edna St. Vincent Millay: 

April comes like an idiot, babbling and strewing flowers.

Helen Hayes: 

All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar.

Margaret Atwood: 

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.

Matthew Arnold: 

Is it so small a thing 
To have enjoy'd the sun, 
To have lived light in the spring, 
To have loved, to have thought, to have done...

Robert Frost: 

Oh, give us pleasure in the flowers today;
And give us not to think so far away
As the uncertain harvest; keep us here
All simply in the springing of the year.

William Wordsworth: 

Written in Early Spring

I heard a thousand blended notes 
While in a grove I sate reclined, 
In that sweet mood when pleasant thoughts 
Bring sad thoughts to the mind. 

To her fair works did Nature link
The human soul that through me ran; 
And much it grieved my heart to think 
What Man has made of Man.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'BrownGuitar' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008