Wednesday, August 6, 2008

fame quotes

Blaise Pascal: 

Even those who write against fame wish for the fame of having written well, and those who read their works desire the fame of having read them.

Edna St. Vincent Millay: 

My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends -- 
It gives a lovely light.

Edward R. Murrow: 

Fame is morally neutral.

Jean Baptiste Henry Lacordaire: 

We are the leaves of one branch, the drops of one sea, the flowers of one garden.

Mark Twain: 

To arrive at a just estimate of a renowned man's character one must judge it by the standards of his time, not ours.

Marlene Dietrich: 

I am not a myth.

Marlo Thomas: 

Fame lost its appeal for me when I went into a public restroom and an autograph seeker handed me a pen and paper under the stall door.

Matthew Henry: 

Goodness makes greatness truly valuable, and greatness make goodness much more serviceable.

Ogden Nash: 

My garden will never make me famous,
I'm a horticultural ignoramus.

Percy Bysshe Shelley: 

Ozymandias
I met a traveler from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
This entry continued ...
Shirley Temple: 

I stopped believing in Santa Claus when my mother took me to see him in a department store, and he asked for my autograph.

Thomas Wolfe: 

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'BrownGuitar' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008