Friday, August 8, 2008

humility quotes

Abraham Lincoln: 

Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.

Abraham Lincoln: 

Nobody has ever expected me to be president. In my poor, lean lank face nobody has ever seen that any cabbages were sprouting.

Albert Einstein: 

No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Alexander Pope: 

Do good by stealth, and blush to find it fame.

Blaise Pascal: 

Do you wish people to think well of you? Don't speak well of yourself. 

Confucius: 

Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues.

Frank Lloyd Wright: 

Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change.

Helen Keller: 

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.

Keshavan Nair: 

With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity.

Mohandas K. Gandhi: 

It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.

Rachel Carson: 

It is a wholesome and necessary thing for us to turn again to the earth and in the contemplation of her beauties to know of wonder and humility.

Ralph Waldo Emerson: 

Religion is to do right. It is to love, it is to serve, it is to think, it is to be humble.

William Wordsworth: 

Written in Early Spring

I heard a thousand blended notes 
While in a grove I sate reclined, 
In that sweet mood when pleasant thoughts 
Bring sad thoughts to the mind. 

To her fair works did Nature link
The human soul that through me ran; 
And much it grieved my heart to think 
What Man has made of Man.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'BrownGuitar' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008