Saturday, August 9, 2008

luck quotes

E. B. White: 

Luck is not something you can mention in the presence of self-made men.

Edward Gibbon: 

Vicissitudes of fortune, which spares neither man nor the proudest of his works, which buries empires and cities in a common grave.

Edward Gibbon: 

The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators.

Edward Gibbon: 

All that is human must retrograde if it do not advance.

George Santayana: 

Life is not a spectacle or a feast; it is a predicament.

Jean Cocteau: 

Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest?

John Barrymore: 

Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open.

John Lennon: 

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Lucille Ball: 

Luck? I don't know anything about luck. I've never banked on it, and I'm afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work -- and realizing what is opportunity and what isn't.

Ralph Waldo Emerson: 

Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.

Seneca: 

If one does not know to which port is sailing, no wind is favorable.

Thomas Jefferson: 

I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

Thomas Jefferson (attributed): 

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'BrownGuitar' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008