Friday, August 8, 2008

identity quotes

Abraham Maslow: 

A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be.

Anne Sexton: 

It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.

Blaise Pascal: 

Our achievements of today are but the sum total of our thoughts of yesterday. You are today where the thoughts of yesterday have brought you and you will be tomorrow where the thoughts of today take you.

Epictetus: 

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.

Houssaye: 

Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are.

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis: 

I am a woman above everything else.

Pablo Picasso: 

My mother said to me, "If you become a soldier, you'll be a general; if you become a monk, you'll end up as the Pope." Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.

William Shakespeare: 

All the world is a stage, 
And all the men and women merely players. 
They have their exits and entrances; 
Each man in his time plays many parts.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'BrownGuitar' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008